Here is one of our detailed case records related to help digestive disorder with acupuncture and herbal Medicine, which shows an example of the work we are doing in our clinic. D.M., male 42, wine maker (working in an acid environment) with reflux. He was prescribed Losec, which gave him joint pains, so that he had to stop using it.
Main Signs and symptoms:
- Digestive system feels not balanced,
- indigestion and bloating;
- no nausea or vomiting.
Other Signs and symptoms:
- Lower back pain, worse in winter; bowel movement is normal; sleep is fine; energy is not bad; moods will be related to the digestive disorder; feels stressed sometimes; 12 years ago had the gall bladder removed.
- Tongue: A little enlarged with some tooth marks and cracks, slight white tongue coat.
- Pulse: Even but a little wiry.
Disharmony between Liver and Stomach, deficiency of Spleen Qi.
Harmonise the Liver and Stomach, tonight the Spleen Qi.
- Acupuncture: Zhong Wan(Ren12), Tian Shu(ST 25), Tai Chong(LR 3), Zu San Li(ST 36), San Yin Jiao(SP 6).
- Herbal Medicine: Sunherbal black pearl Chai Hu Shu Gan San(Bupleurum & Cyperus): 12 pills twice per day, Xiang Sha Liu Jun Zi Wan(Saussurea & Cardamom): 12 pills twice per day.
After 2 weeks on the herbal formulas with another acupuncture session at one week, all of the uncomfortable digestive symptoms are much better, and he is feeling more relaxed than before, tongue the same and pulse normal. Patient was given another acupuncture treatment and was given ChinaMed Digestive Tonic formula: 3 capsules, twice per day for 1 month. Follow up call 3 months later: all of the uncomfortable disgestive symptoms are gone, and still feeling more relaxed than before.